A guide to eyeliner tattoo in Perth Perfectly Defined Eyes: A Guide to Eyeliner Tattoos in Perth Eyeliner tattoos, also known as permanent or semi-permanent
Popular questions about lash lift in Perth
What is a lash lift?
A lash lift is a cosmetic treatment that curls your natural eyelashes to give you the appearance of lifted, curly lashes without using eyelash extensions or mascara. It involves using a perm solution to essentially give your lashes a gentle chemical curl. The treatment usually takes around 1-2 hours and lasts 6-8 weeks.
The main benefits of getting a lash lift include:
- Gives you naturally curly lashes without using an eyelash curler daily
- Lifts your lashes so your eyes appear more open and youthful
- No need for mascara as your curled lashes enhance your eyes
- Long lasting results that can last up to 2 months
- No damage to your natural lashes like extensions
- Low maintenance compared to lash extensions
The basic steps involved in a lash lift treatment are:
- Your eyes will be cleaned and eye pads placed to protect the skin
- Silicone rods are placed on your upper eyelid to hold your natural lashes in place
- A perm lotion is applied to your upper lashes to set the curl
- The lashes are lifted and set on the perm rods into your desired curl shape
- A setting lotion is applied to fix your lashes in the curled position
- The perm rods are removed and a lash tint can be applied if desired
- Vaseline is used to remove any remaining perm solution and condition lashes
Once the treatment is finished, you are left with perfectly curled, lifted lashes with added definition and length! The results are dramatic and eye opening without being over the top like lash extensions.
When looking for a lash lift in Perth, it’s important to choose an experienced and qualified technician. Ask to see before and after photos and ensure they use professional-grade perm lotions designed for use on eye lashes. Reputable salons should provide a patch test ahead of your first treatment to check for any allergies.
With proper aftercare such as avoiding water for 24 hours, not using oil-based makeup removers, and no eyelash curling for at least 48 hours, a Perth lash lift can give you beautiful lashes for weeks!
How much does a lash lift cost in Perth?
The cost of a lash lift in Perth can range from $80 – $150 depending on the salon and technicians experience. Here is a rough breakdown of what you can expect to pay:
- Entry level salons – $80 – $100: Newer technicians or salons that are offering introductory pricing. The service may take a little longer.
- Mid-range salons – $100 – $120: Established salons with experienced technicians. This is the average price you can expect to pay.
- Premium salons – $120 – $150: Top Perth salons with highly skilled lash technicians. You pay for their expertise and premium products.
Additional costs to consider:
- Lash tinting – $20 – $30 extra
- Lash perm maintenance kits – $20 – $40
- Touch up appointments between 6-8 weeks – Usually 50% of the original price
When factoring in cost, ensure you choose a technician who has been professionally trained in lash lifts. This is a treatment involving chemicals around your eyes so expertise is very important.
Also look at what’s included in the price – some salons include a lash tint and take the time to properly clean and prepare your eyes first. Others may have hidden costs for eye pads, cleansing, aftercare kits etc.
While a cheap lash lift may seem appealing, paying that little bit extra for an experienced professional at a reputable Perth salon is wise for best results and safety. But with prices averaging $100 – $120, lash lifts are still very affordable compared to ongoing lash extension maintenance.
What happens during a lash lift touch up appointment?
Most lash lift technicians recommend a “touch up” appointment between full lifts every 6-8 weeks. This quick maintenance helps re-set the curl and prolong your results.
A touch up appointment usually involves:
- Brief consultation – Discuss how your lashes held up and your desired results.
- Gentle eye & lash cleanse – Remove any makeup, oil, debris that could inhibit perm solution.
- Rod application – Rods are applied along lash line to hold them in an elevated position.
- Lash perm solution – A lifting solution is applied solely to any new lash growth that hasn’t been permed yet.
- Neutralizer – A neutralizer is applied next to stop the perm action.
- Setting lotion – Final setting lotion is brushed on to help set and preserve your lift.
- Rinse – Products are rinsed away and a soothing gel applied.
- Reveal – Rods removed to unveil your refreshed curls!
A touch up takes 30-45 minutes compared to the full 90 minutes and costs around 50% of the initial lift. You’ll leave with your curls perfectly reset for optimal results until your next full lash lift appointment. Regular touch ups every 4 weeks extends the longevity and appearance of your lifted lashes.
Are lash lifts safe? What are the risks?
Lash lifts are generally considered safe cosmetic procedures when performed correctly by a trained technician using professional-grade products and equipment. However, as with any treatment involving chemicals around the eyes, there are some risks and things to consider:
Potential risks include:
- Allergic reactions – including itchy eyes, redness, swelling. Always do a patch test prior.
- Chemical burns – the perm solution or rods can burn the eyelid if left on too long.
- Overprocessing – too strong a formula or processing time can damage lashes.
- Eye infections – unhygienic salons risk bacterial infections.
- Dry, brittle lashes – overpermimg and tinting can leave lashes dry and damaged.
Choosing an experienced, qualified technician is key to minimizing risks. A good technician will:
- Use professional quality perm lotions designed for lashes.
- Never overprocess and carefully monitor timing.
- Properly clean and prep your eyes first.
- Use protective under eye pads and monitor for irritation.
- Give you a patch test 24-48 hours prior.
- Avoid tinting and perming lower lashes which are more sensitive.
- Provide detailed aftercare instructions.
You can further reduce risks by:
- Doing a patch test.
- Keeping perm solution away from your waterline and skin.
- Rinsing eyes thoroughly after the service.
- Using only oil-free, sensitive eye makeup remover.
- Avoiding water and additional products for 24-48 hours afterwards.
When done correctly by a skilled technician, lash lifts can beautifully enhance your natural lashes safely. But always do your research to find a reputable salon.
How long do lash lift results last?
You can expect lash lift results to last between 6-8 weeks on average. However, there are several factors that can influence how long your lash lift lasts:
- Your lash cycle – As your lashes naturally grow and shed, the lifted lashes will fall out. The average lash cycle is 60-90 days.
- How well you follow aftercare – Avoiding water, oil cleansers, and heat on your lashes for the first 24-48 hours maximizes longevity.
- Lash type – Fine, short or straight lashes won’t hold a curl as well as thicker, longer lashes.
- Formula used – Professional salon formulas lift and set better than drugstore kits. Opt for an experienced technician.
- Touch-ups – Most technicians recommend a touch up between lifts, usually at the 4 week mark for best results.
- Your lifestyle – Exposing lashes to lots of water, heat, makeup removers, and rubbing can loosen the curl quicker.
With proper aftercare and lash care between appointments, you can extend the lifespan of your lift closer to the full 8 weeks. Using an eyelash serum can also help strengthen your lashes to better hold the lifted curl.
No matter how long your lash lift lasts, you’ll still enjoy beautiful lifted lashes for weeks after just a single salon visit! Lifts outlast daily eyelash curling and are much lower maintenance than extensions. For best results, maintain your lash lift with regular touch-ups every 6-8 weeks.
What is the aftercare following a lash lift?
Proper aftercare the same as with any cosmetic tattoo procedure is crucial for protecting the longevity of your lash lift and avoiding any complications. Follow these tips:
- No water or moisture near eyes for 24-48 hours. Avoid swimming, showers, steam, etc which can undo lift fast.
- Do not rub, squeeze or touch lashes and avoid any pressure on eyes. Let them set without disruption.
- Avoid mascara, eyeliner, false lashes, and eyelash curlers for at least 48 hours.
- Use only oil-free, non-irritating makeup remover gently on a cotton pad if needed.
- Sleep face up and on a fresh pillowcase to avoid irritating eyes and smudging any liner.
- Comb lashes very gently with a clean spooly wand only after 48 hours.
- Avoid any lash or eye services like tinting or perming for 2-4 weeks.
- Wear sunglasses outside to protect lifted lashes from dust, debris, allergens.
- Keep using your eyelash serum to enhance lift longevity.
- Book any touch ups recommended, usually within 4 weeks of initial lift.
With proper aftercare for the first 48 hours, you can protect your investment and enjoy your lifted lashes for the full 6-8 weeks! Avoid water, rubbing, and stick to oil-free, gentle products. Comb gently and use sunglasses outside.
What is the process of getting a lash lift service?
Here is a step-by-step breakdown of what you can expect during a typical lash lift service:
- Consultation – Your technician will ask about your experience with lash services, allergies or sensitivities, and desired results.
- Eye cleansing – Your eyes and under-eye area are thoroughly cleaned. Eye pads may be placed under your eyes.
- Rod application – Silicone rods are precisely placed along your upper lash line to hold lashes in the desired lifted position.
- Perm solution – Lash lifting solution is brush applied to your upper lashes, then allowed to process for 10-15 minutes.
- Setting lotion – A setting lotion is applied next to finalize and set the curl for 6-8 weeks. This processes for another 10 minutes.
- Rinse – All solution is rinsed away from your lashes and eye area using lukewarm water.
- Tinting – Optional lash or brow tinting can be done for added definition and color.
- Vaseline & hydrating gel – Vaseline is used to remove any remaining residue. A hydrating gel soothes and conditions lashes.
- Reveal – Rods are removed to reveal your beautiful new lifted lashes!
- Aftercare – Your technician will provide detailed aftercare instructions to prolong your lift.
The entire process takes 60-90 minutes. You can’t wear eye makeup but your eyes will be closed most of the time anyway. The results are instant and you walk away with naturally lifted lashes for weeks!
What are the pros and cons of lash lifts vs lash extensions?
Lash lifts and extensions are popular options for enhancing your natural lashes. Here are some pros and cons of each:
- Lifts and curls your own natural lashes for a 6-8 week enhanced look.
- No need for daily mascara and eyelash curler.
- Retains a more natural look – just elevated by curl and definition.
- Lower maintenance. One salon visit lasts weeks.
- Cost effective. Around $100 for initial lift, $50 for touch ups.
- Does not damage lashes like repeated glue extensions.
- Temporary results that fade out over 1-2 months.
- Can’t achieve ultra-glam volume and length effects possible with extensions.
- Some discomfort during the perm solution application.
- Achieve dramatic length, thickness and volume not possible with natural lashes alone.
- Customizable. Get glam full lashes or natural extensions.
- Immediate results after one application.
- Expensive. Full sets over $150, fills needed every 2-3 weeks.
- Daily maintenance like avoiding oil cleansers or makeup wipes.
- Can only wear extensions until they shed. Can’t go back to natural lashes temporarily.
- Repeated glue applications damage natural lashes over time.
While lash extensions offer more glam effects, lash lifts give you low maintenance enhancement utilising your natural lashes. For ease, safety and cost, lifts win for subtly yet beautifully elevating your eyes!
Should I get a lash tint too? Pros and cons.
Many salons offer lash tinting in conjunction with a lash lift service. Here are some pros and cons to help you decide if you should add a lash tint:
- A lash tint will enhance the look of your lift by coloring and defining each individual lash.
- It will make curled lashes appear thicker and fuller.
- Eliminates the need to apply mascara daily.
- Tint stays put for 4-6 weeks and fades evenly.
- Comprehensive lift and tint gives you a complete eye enhancement.
- Extra time (30 mins) and cost ($20-$30) added to your service.
- Potential for eye irritation or uncomfortable burning sensation during the service.
- If not done properly, tinting can leave an unnatural shiny black color.
- Your lashes are committed to one color until the tint fades.
- More exposure to chemicals around the eyes.
If you typically wear black mascara anyway, a lash tint is the perfect finishing touch to your new lift. Go for a soft black or dark brown shade for a natural look. Always confirm your technician is experienced in lash tinting to minimize risks of burning or unsatisfactory color. A lift and tint duo will leave your eyes gorgeously defined for nearly 2 months!
How to prepare for a lash lift appointment?
Preparing correctly for your lash lift appointment is important for safety and getting the best results. Here are some tips:
- Avoid mascara & eyeliner for 24-48 prior so perm solution can easily penetrate lashes.
- Steer clear of oil-based products like makeup remover or night creams which can inhibit solution.
- Do a patch test 24-48 hours before your actual lift, to check for allergies.
- No tinting or perming lashes for at least 2 weeks beforehand.
- Remove contacts before your appointment. Consider wearing glasses afterwards.
- Arrive with clean dry lashes and eyes. Don’t apply lotion, makeup, perfumes or creams before your service.
- Avoid caffeine and alcohol the night before which can make you sensitive. Drink water.
- Arrange a ride home. Eyes may feel sensitive and irritated after so avoid driving.
- Allow extra time for a consultation about your desired results, health background and aftercare.
- Know your schedule for the next 2 days. Avoid swimming, facials, or activities where water or sweat may contact eyes.
Proper prep makes for the best lash lift experience. Have clean eyes and lashes free of makeup or oils, do a patch test, and avoid alcohol or caffeine. Your technician will apply eye pads and have you relax during the service. Follow all aftercare and you’ll love your lifted lashes!
Should I Get Lip Blush Tattoo Before or After Fillers? Can You Get a Lip Tattoo After Lip Fillers? Lip fillers help add volume and
Eyebrow tattoo in Perth from Elite Look Overview of eyebrow tattoos in Perth Eyebrow tattoos, also known as eyebrow embroidery, microblading, or permanent makeup, have
Lip Blush Tattoo Questions Answered What is lip blush tattoo? Lip blush tattoo, also known as lip blushing or lip tinting, is a cosmetic tattooing
Popular questions about eyeliner tattoo in Perth What is eyeliner tattooing? Eyeliner tattooing, also known as permanent eyeliner or microblading, is a cosmetic tattooing procedure
Popular questions about lash lift in Perth What is a lash lift? A lash lift is a cosmetic treatment that curls your natural eyelashes to
Popular questions about eyebrow tattoos What are eyebrow tattoos? Eyebrow tattoos, also known as eyebrow embroidery or microblading, are semi-permanent tattoos designed to enhance, reshape,
Lip Tattoo in Perth with Elite Look Are you tired of constantly reapplying lipstick throughout the day? Do you dream of waking up with perfectly